Position / Title: Certified Nursing
Assistant Department: Nursing Services
The Certified Nursing Assistant reports to and receives supervision from the Charge Nurse and is responsible for proving quality nursing and direct care to assigned residents in compliance with current applicable federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and established policies and procedures which encourages each resident’s ability to maintain or attain the highest practical physical, mental, and psychosocial well-being.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provide quality nursing care to assigned residents in an environment which promotes their rights, dignity, freedom of choice, and their individuality as illustrated by the following:
- Provide individualized attention which encourages each resident’s ability to maintain or attain the highest practical physical, mental and psychosocial well-being.
- Maintain knowledge of the individualized care plan for each resident and provide support to the resident according to the care
- Contribute to the care planning process by providing the charge nurse with specific information and observations of the residents’ needs and
- Attend to the individual needs of residents including assistance with grooming, bathing, oral hygiene, feeding, incontinent care, toileting, colostomy care, prosthetic appliances, transferring, ambulation, range of motion, communicating or other needs in keeping with the individual’s care requirements and care
- Maintain the comfort, privacy, and dignity of each resident in the delivery of
- Interact with residents in a manner that displays warmth and promotes a caring environment.
- Comprehensive understanding and adherence to all aspects of residents’ rights, including the right to be free of restraints and free of
- Promptly report to the charge nurse or administrative staff all incidents or evidence of resident abuse or violation of residents’
- Assist in maintaining a safe, neat, and clean environment. Assist resident in keeping personal items and clothing off the floor and properly
- Protect resident’s personal belongings including eyeglasses, dentures, hearing aids, furnishings, jewelry, clothing, etc. Promptly report missing
- Observe residents for changes in condition or behavior and promptly report these changes to the Charge
- Provide care that maintains each resident’s skin integrity to prevent pressure ulcers, skin tears, and other damage by changing incontinent residents, turning, repositioning immobile residents, and applying moisturizer to fragile
- Assure residents have call lights at hand and answer resident’s call lights promptly and courteously.
- Take vital signs, residents’ weights, collect specimens as assigned by the charge nurse and in accordance with the individualized care
- Assist with orienting residents and their families to the nursing facility upon
- Lift, move, and transport residents using proper body mechanics and lifting devices for accident prevention.
- Receive the nursing report upon reporting for duty each shift. Give the nursing report to relief personnel before departing at the end of each
- Observe and report the presence of pressure areas and skin breakdown to the Charge Nurse.
- Promptly report injuries of an unknown source, including skin tears to the Charge
- Communicate and interact effectively, courteously, and tactfully with residents, visitors, family members, peers, and assist and escort residents for appointments such as beauty shop, activities,
- Participate in activities and facility functions as
- Practice careful, efficient, and no-waste use of supplies and linens in accordance with established policies and
- Perform all job responsibilities in accordance with prescribed safety and infection control procedures including thorough hand washing, use of disposable gloves where indicated, and proper disposal of soiled materials.
- Thoroughly wash hands before and after performing any service for the resident.
- Make rounds frequently and check each resident routinely to ensure his/her personal care needs are being
- Respond to inquiries or requests from residents and family members in a prompt and courteous
- Promote positive public relations with residents, family members and
- Maintain the confidentiality of all resident care
Perform duties in a safe manner in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Perform all duties in compliance with established safety and infection control policies and procedures.
- Actively participate in fire, safety and disaster preparedness
- Maintain safe working conditions and practices and follow established safety regulations in the use of equipment and
Assist in development, modification and implementation of individualized care plans.
- Review care plans daily to determine if changes in the resident’s daily care routine have been made on the care
- Inform the Charge Nurse of any changes in the resident’s condition so that appropriate changes (if necessary) can be made to the care
- Ensure all nursing assistant notes convey specific care provided and the resident’s response or lack of response to the care
- Perform all nursing and care services in accordance with the individualized care
- Honor the resident’s refusal of treatment request. Document and promptly report such requests to the Charge Nurse.
Timely and accurately record nursing assistant notes in an informative and description manner.
- Record all entries on notes, charts, etc. in an informative and descriptive
- Use only authorized abbreviations established by the facility when recording
- Properly document all care, responses to care, vitals, changes in condition, etc. in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Successful completion of a State-Approved Nursing Assistant Certification course or other education which meets the state certification requirements.
- Possess current Nursing Assistant Certification.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS:
- Must be able to push, pull, move and/or lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Must be able to reach, stoop, kneel, bend, lift and move intermittently throughout the workday throughout the facility.
- Must be able to work outside of normal work hours including nights, holidays, and weekends as needed to meet facility and position demands.
- Must be free of diseases that may be transmitted in the performance of job responsibilities during the stage of communicability.
- Must be able to relate to and work with ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset and at times hostile people within the facility.
Please e-mail your resume to Stacey.Mckinney@kissito.org