Position / Title: Director of Admissions
The Director of Admissions reports to and receives general direction from the Chief Administrative Officer and is responsible for developing and implementing marketing strategies to meet census targets. The Director of Admissions assists in managing, planning, and organizing the resident’s admission process in accordance with rules, standards, and guidelines that govern long-term care facilities, and established policies and procedures
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement marketing strategies to meet census targets.
- Assist in managing, planning and organizing the resident’s admission process to ensure a positive experience and smooth transition into the facility, as assigned.
- Develops and implements marketing strategies to increase awareness and promote a positive image of the facility and its services.
- Identify and pursue present and future opportunities to meet the facility and organizational goals.
- Build name brand recognition and brand-loyalty within the community and with our residents.
- Identify and participate in key community organizations and events that may occur during business hours and outside of typical working hours.
- Develop and maintain a database of medical contacts and community resources.
- Make person-to-person calls outside the facility to medical professionals, senior organizations, hospital discharge planners, and appropriate special interest groups. Must develop and maintain relationships to advise them of bed availability and new products and services, efficiently meeting the daily needs of the community at large.
- Develop special events and presentations aimed at community education, representing the facility as the expert on skilled nursing and rehabilitation care.
- Measure and evaluate customer satisfaction.
- Compile pre-admission clinical information for prospective new residents and distribute to appropriate department managers.
- Evaluate prospective resident’s special needs and determine if their needs can be met with the facility’s clinical expertise in a cost effective manner.
- Alert appropriate department managers and facility staff of projected changes such as admissions, bed changes, and discharges.
- Participate in daily standup meetings to discuss forthcoming changes.
- Maintain a close working relationship with the Chief Administrative Officer, Director of Nursing, and Director of Financial Services to assure appropriate and efficient decisions regarding prospective admissions.
- Maintain, update and distribute a list of available beds by type on a daily basis.
- Monitor daily admissions systems including after hours and weekend systems to ensure efficient functioning.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with course work in Social Services, Business/Communications, Marketing, or related area.
- Minimum of 2 years related experience in marketing/sales, public relations, or customer service preferred.
- Possess effective organization, communication, and public speaking skills.
- Computer proficient.
- Experience with community involvement and managing marketing events preferred.
- Must possess and maintain current valid driver’s license in the state and have access to dependable transportation to use in the course of employment.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Works in office areas, as well as throughout the facility. Frequent day travel by automobile to hospitals, doctor’s offices, senior services, etc. Works beyond normal duty hours, on weekends and holidays when necessary. Interacts with residents, family members, and staff under all conditions and circumstances. Is subject to hostile and emotionally upset residents, family members, and visitors. Exposure to infectious waste, diseases, and conditions including but not limited to exposure to hepatitis B viruses.