Position / Title: Housekeeper
The Housekeeper reports to and receives supervision from the Housekeeping Supervisor (when applicable) or the Director of Environmental Services and is responsible for performing a variety of general cleaning tasks in compliance with current applicable federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and established policies and procedures to enhance the quality of life of our residents by maintaining a clean, safe, sanitary and comfortable environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Perform a variety of general cleaning tasks.
- Dust furniture, woodwork, equipment and dust mop floors.
- Polish and clean fixtures in rooms and bathrooms.
- Wet mop rooms, halls, etc.
- Clean vents, fan fixtures, top of windows, doorframes and other high areas.
- Gather and dispose of trash and waste materials using specified bags and/or containers.
- Buff, strip, wax and polish floors.
- Move furniture and other heavy objects as required.
- Perform terminal cleaning procedures of resident rooms and prepare room for new occupant; follow isolation procedures in isolation rooms.
- Clean and disinfect all fixtures, floors, mirrors, windows, doors and walls.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform duties in a safe manner and comply with established policies and procedures.
- Perform all duties in compliance with established safety and infection control policies and procedures.
- Actively participate in fire, safety and disaster preparedness drills.
- Maintain safe working conditions and practices and follow established safety regulations in the use of equipment and supplies.
- Knowledge of and ability to operate floor cleaners, buffers, vacuums and related equipment.
- Knowledge of various cleaning agents and/or chemicals.
- Ability to use various cleaning hand tools and supplies.
- Ability to understand and effectively carry out oral and written instructions.
- Ability to work with strong cleaning and disinfecting solutions.
- Ability to learn routine tasks quickly.
- Ability to perform a variety of repetitive manual tasks that require agility and manual dexterity.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS:
- Must be able to push, pull, move and/or lift a minimum of 30 pounds to a height of 2.5 feet and able to push, pull, move and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of 50 feet.
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Must be able to reach, stoop, kneel, bend, lift and move intermittently throughout the work day throughout the facility.
- Must be able to work outside of normal work hours including nights, holidays, and weekends as needed to meet facility and position demands.
- Must be free of diseases that may be transmitted in the performance of job responsibilities during the stage of communicability.
Please e-mail your resume to Charlie.Davis@kissito.org