The Laundry Aide reports to and receives supervision from the Housekeeping Supervisor (when applicable) or the Director of Environmental Services and is responsible for performing a variety of general laundry tasks in compliance with current applicable federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and established policies and procedures to enhance the quality of life of our residents by maintaining all garments and linens in clean and sanitary condition.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Perform a variety of general laundry tasks.
- Wash, dry and fold garments and linens.
- Ironing duties as assigned.
- Handle clean and soiled laundry in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Assemble supply packs for departments and place linen stacks in carts for distribution.
- Record requests for linens and deliver linens promptly in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Identify and report to supervisor any garments or linens in need of repair.
- Distribute garments to residents’ rooms in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.Perform duties in a safe manner and comply with established policies and procedures.
- Perform all duties in compliance with established safety and infection control policies and procedures.
- Actively participate in fire, safety and disaster preparedness drills.
- Maintain safe working conditions and practices and follow established safety regulations in the use of equipment and supplies.
- Promptly report unsafe or malfunctioning equipment to the Director of Environmental Services. The Laundry Aide reports to and receives supervision from the Laundry Supervisor (When Applicable) or The Director of Environmental Services.
- Knowledge of and ability to operate washers, dryers, irons and related equipment.
- Ability to understand and effectively carry out oral and written instructions.
- Ability to learn routine tasks quickly.
- Ability to perform a variety of repetitive manual tasks that require agility and manual dexterity.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS:
- Must be able to push, pull, move and/or lift a minimum of 30 pounds to a height of 2.5 feet and able to push, pull, move and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of 50 feet.
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Must be able to reach, stoop, kneel, bend, lift and move intermittently throughout the workday throughout the facility.
- Must be able to work outside of normal work hours including nights, holidays, and weekends as needed to meet facility and position demands.
- Must be free of diseases that may be transmitted in the performance of job responsibilities during the stage of communicability.
- Must be able to relate to and work with ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset and at times hostile people within the facility.
Works in laundry services area as well as throughout the facility. Works beyond normal duty hours, on weekends and holidays when necessary. Interacts with residents, family members, and staff under all conditions and circumstances. Exposure to laundry cleaning agents/solutions, and lent. May be exposed to infectious waste, diseases, and conditions including but not limited to exposure to hepatitis B viruses.