The Maintenance Aide reports to and receives supervision from the Director of Maintenance and is responsible for repairing and painting areas in and around the facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Perform routine repairs and preventative maintenance for building, grounds and equipment.
- Repair walls and prep for painting.
- Prep wood trim around doors and windows to be painted.
- Paint walls, trim and doors as instructed, in a timely manner, with least amount of interruption to the operation of the facility.
- Clean up all areas when complete and store all paint in supplies in designated area.Perform duties in a safe manner and comply with established policies and procedures.
- Perform all duties in compliance with established safety and infection control policies and procedures.
- Maintain safe working conditions and practices and follow established safety regulations in the use of equipment and supplies.
- The Maintenance Assistant reports to and receives supervision from the Director of Maintenance.
- Must possess, as a minimum, a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 1 – 3 years previous experience in a similar role.
- Must be able to read instructions and manuals for equipment and tools.
- Must be able to communicate positively with residents, coworkers, families, and vendors.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS:
- Must be able to push, pull, move and/or lift a minimum of 50 pounds, perform moderately strenuous tasks and to climb ladders.
- Must be able to stand, bend, lift and move intermittently throughout the work day in the throughout the facility.
- Must be free of diseases that may be transmitted in the performance of job responsibilities during the stage of communicability.
May be exposed to dust, fumes, allergens and air contaminants. Interacts professionally with residents, family members, and staff under all conditions and circumstances. May be exposed to infectious waste, diseases, and conditions including but not limited to exposure to hepatitis B viruses.