Position / Title: Comfort Aide/ Nursing Assistant
Department: Nursing Services
Reports To: Director of Nursing
The Comfort Aide reports to the Director of Nursing and is responsible for assisting the Nursing Services Department in performing non-clinical duties that are essential for superior resident care. Performs any non-clinical duties as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Resident and Nursing Assistance
- Pass ice
- Make beds
- Transport residents throughout facility (does NOT transfer)
- Empty trash
- Stock rooms with needed supplies
- Stock linen carts
- Answer phones
- Answer call lights
- Assist with activities as needed
- Pass and pick up trays after meals
The Comfort Aide will NOT:
- Perform Direct Resident Care
- Transfer or assist in transfer or residents with another C.N.A or Nurse.
Works in an office setting as well as throughout the facility. Interacts with residents, family members, and staff under all conditions and circumstances. May be exposed to infectious waste, diseases, conditions including but not limited to exposure to hepatitis B viruses.