Position / Title: Payroll/Human Resources Coordinator
The Payroll/Human Resources Coordinator reports to the Chief Administrative Officer and Director of Human Resources and has full responsibility for payroll, employee benefits, personnel file maintenance, and accounts payable functions. The Payroll/Human Resources Coordinator will organize and maintain all records related to payroll, human resources, and accounts payable in an effective, efficient, and financially sound manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Process facility payroll in accordance with established policies and procedures and within established timeframes.
- Prepare and submit accurate and complete payroll data within established timeframes to ensure each employee receives the correct amount of wages on each scheduled pay day.
- Generate punch detail reports for department head approval on a daily basis. Update missed punches and enter leave requests into time system on a daily basis.Ensure all payroll items processed have appropriate department head signatures prior to processing.
- Ensure all payroll items entered conform to Kissito policy as stated in the Employee Handbook. Immediately notify the Director of Human Resources and the Chief Administrative Officer of any discrepancies.
- Maintain an effective, efficient and accurate payroll and HRIS database. Update employee data (excluding new hires, pay rate changes and benefit tables) in the HRIS system accurately and efficiently.
- Complete and submit Employee Master Forms to the Home Office for new hires, pay rate changes and benefit table assignment in an accurate and timely manner.
- Review the Employees Not Paid Report each pay period to identify individuals who are out on leave or who have recently left the organization. Consult with appropriate department heads to obtain required documentation and update system accordingly.
- Review payroll register upon receipt to ensure accuracy of all checks on each scheduled payday.
- Distribute payroll checks.
- Respond promptly to employee inquiries or concerns regarding pay issues. Complete and submit manual check requests as necessary.
- Maintain biweekly payroll folders in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Maintain the confidentiality of payroll data. Store payroll records and payroll data in a secured cabinet or office at all times. Limit discussions and sharing of payroll related information to those with a “need to know”. Responsible for maintaining personnel and medical files in “survey-ready” status at all times
- Assemble and maintain personnel and medical files in “survey-ready” status at all times in accordance with the Kissito Healthcare Personnel File Checklist.
- Generate the License Expiration and Annual PPD reports during the first 3 business days of each month. Forward to Quality Assurance/Staff Development, follow-up to ensure all information is received and update system accordingly.
- Maintain the confidentiality of personnel and medical data. Store personnel and medical records in a secured cabinet or office at all times. Limit discussions and sharing of personnel and medical information to those with a “need to know.”
Responsible for administering employee benefits in accordance with federal and state regulations and in compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Conduct monthly meetings to educate newly eligible employees on the various benefit offerings including health, dental, disability, life, and 401-K.
- Assist employees in completing benefit applications/waivers for all benefits offered.
- Submit applications to carriers in a timely manner and follow-up to ensure that if elected coverage is bound.
- Enter employee benefit deductions as appropriate in accordance with established policies.
- Reconcile benefit invoices on a monthly basis to ensure all employees who are eligible have been offered coverage, that coverage is bound, and that all changes and terminations have been processed and carrier premiums are remitted in a timely manner.
- Follow up with carriers for any changes, additions, and deletions not reflected on the invoice to verify receipt and resolve any discrepancies.
- Responsible for COBRA administration and Section 125 compliance for medical and dental plans.
- Respond promptly to employee inquiries regarding benefit offerings, eligibility, and benefit concerns.
- Coordinate open enrollment meetings and documentation in conjunction with the Director of Human Resources.
Administer assigned human resources functions and actively participate in orientation of all new hires.
- Conduct and document reference checks for all new hires.
- Conduct new employee orientation to complete all payroll/human resources forms, explain general work rules, procedures, benefits, expectations, attendance, clocking in and out, and the employee handbook.
- Perform employment verifications for past and current employees in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Work cooperatively with facility staff and employees to resolve employment related issues. Answer general employment and human resources questions.
Process accounts payable in an accurate and timely manner in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Code incoming invoices and distribute to appropriate department head for approval and authorization to pay on a daily basis.
- Ensure all invoices received are coded, approved and entered prior to the cut-off date established each month.
- Reconcile statements received to company records. Work with vendors to resolve discrepancies.
- Assist in preparing the weekly cash request log.
- Process payments accurately and in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Respond to vendor inquiries regarding account balances, payment status, etc.
- Maintain accurate Accounts Payable files in a neat, orderly, and efficient manner for all paid and unpaid invoices.
Perform various clerical duties as assigned.
- Answer incoming calls and direct the caller to appropriate personnel.
- Take messages or transfer caller to voicemail when personnel is unavailable.
- Greet and direct visitors and family members in a professional, friendly, and hospitable manner.
- Receive, sort, and forward incoming mail. Maintain and route publications.
- Coordinate the pick-up and delivery of express mail services (FedEx, UPS, etc.)
- Assist in the ordering, receiving, stocking and distribution of office supplies.
- High school diploma or commercial coursework including math, payroll, bookkeeping and business.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and personal computers and payroll systems.
- Proven ability to prioritize and work under minimum supervision.
- Strong time management and attention to detail.
- One – two years prior experience in a similar role, preferred.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work with a diverse population.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to move throughout the facility to access information from other departments.
- Ability to work under stress with constant interruptions and deadlines.
- Ability to follow complex instructions.
- Ability to master basic math skills.
- Ability to think logically in following procedures and instructions.
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with colleagues, facility staff, residents, family members, and employees in a calm and friendly manner.
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend, lift and move intermittently during working hours in office areas, as well as throughout the facility.
- Must be able to work outside of normal work hours including nights, holidays, and weekends as needed to meet facility and position demands.
Works in an office setting as well as throughout the facility. Interacts with residents, family members, and staff under all conditions and circumstances. May be exposed to infectious waste, diseases, conditions including but not limited to exposure to hepatitis B viruses.