Position / Title: Beautician/Barber
The Beautician/Barber reports to and receives general direction from the Director of Activities and is responsible for providing beauty/barber services to residents.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provide a variety of beauty/barber services to residents.
- Cut, shape, style, tint, and perm hair according to existing cosmetology practices.
- Set hair by blow-dry or natural-set.
- Shampoo and condition hair and scalp.
- Shave, trim, and shape beards and mustaches.
- Maintain appointment calendar. Schedule and coordinate appointments.
- Clean, sterilize, and disinfect area and equipment.
- Maintain accurate records and logs.
- Ensure an adequate supply of materials to meet demands.
- Order, receive, inspect and store equipment, materials, and supplies.
- Submit billing information regarding cosmetology services rendered to the Business Office in a timely manner.
Perform duties in a safe manner and comply with established policies and procedures.
- Perform all duties in compliance with established safety and infection control policies and procedures.
- Actively participate in fire, safety and disaster preparedness drills.
- Maintain safe working conditions and practices and follow established safety regulations in the use of equipment and supplies.
Must possess an active, unencumbered license as a Cosmetologist in the state.
- Knowledge of the principles, theories, and practice of cosmetology.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS:
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time. Must be able to bend, lift and move intermittently throughout the work day.
- Must be free of diseases that may be transmitted in the performance of job responsibilities during the stage of communicability.
- Must be able to relate to and work with ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset and at times hostile people within the facility.
- Must be FULLY VACCINATED OR WILLING TO BE FULLY VACCINATED
Works in beauty/barber area as well as throughout the facility. Interacts with residents, family members, and staff under all conditions and circumstances. Must be constantly alert for resident safety. Is subject to lifting, transporting, and assisting residents. May be exposed to infectious waste, diseases, and conditions including but not limited to exposure to hepatitis B viruses.