Position / Title: Central Supply Clerk
Department: Nursing Services
The Central Supply Clerk reports to and receives supervision from the Director of Nursing and is responsible for the distribution and inventory of resident care supplies in accordance with established policies and procedures. The Central Supply Function is allocated a maximum of 4 hours per day. The Central Supply Clerk reports to and receives supervision from the Director of Nursing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Receive, record, store, issue and deliver resident care supplies in accordance with facility policies and procedures.
- Receive, check, store and deliver resident care supplies.
- Check quantity and type of incoming material against invoices, purchase orders or other documents, evidence delivery and notate all shortages or damage.
- Work with vendors to resolve issues related to shortages, damage, or quality concerns.
- Maintain computerized and written records of items delivered and issued.
- Arrange and store supplies in a neat and orderly manner for ease of operation and accessibility.
- Assist management/department heads with analysis of supply usage to determine target inventory level and reorder points.
- Advise management/department heads when stock reaches minimum inventory level.
- Order, receive and restock central supply in accordance with established par levels.
- Secure emergency or critical care items.
- Monitor cost of central supplies and maintain related records.
- Responsible for the security of the central supply storage area.
- Inventory and reconcile central supply stock on a monthly basis for shrinkage and or theft.
Perform duties in a safe manner in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Perform all duties in compliance with established safety and infection control policies and procedures.
- Actively participate in fire, safety and disaster preparedness drills.
- Maintain safe working conditions and practices and follow established safety regulations in the use of equipment and supplies.
DEGREE OF SUPERVISION:
The Central Supply Clerk reports to and receives supervision from the Director of Nursing for Central Supply functions and reports to and receives supervision from the Charge Nurse when performing direct care functions.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS:
- Must be able to push, pull, move and/or lift a minimum of 30 pounds.
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Must be able to reach, stoop, kneel, bend, lift and move intermittently throughout the work day throughout the facility.
- Must be able to work outside of normal work hours including nights, holidays, and weekends as needed to meet facility and position demands.
- Must be free of diseases that may be transmitted in the performance of job responsibilities during the stage of communicability.
- Must be able to relate to and work with ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset and at times hostile people within the facility.